Why we chose stainless steel?
- Stainless steel is corrosion resistant. Thus, stainless steel is well-matched to the rigorous and dynamic environment of the healthcare industry.
- It is fire and heat resistant. This will in turn reduce the risk posed to both lives and property loss.
- With its aesthetic appeal and polished mirror-like finishing, stainless steel is well-suited for our modern contemporary society and architecture of the 21st
- When comparing its strength to weight, stainless steel possesses a reduced material thickness over conventional grades, thanks to its compact dimensions. Thus, this material is durable and has improved long-term value over the conventional waste containers commonly used in the heathcare industry.
- It is a green product and adheres to our 3 Rs of being reusable, responsible and recyclable.
- During the production process, 70% of the steel used to manufacture our bins comes from recycled scrap metals. Thus, it is cost-effective.
- Since our bins are fully autoclavable, bio-hazardous hospital bins used for Health Care Risk Waste (HCRW) can be sterilised and treated under great pressures at high temperatures.
 Southern Africa Stainless Steel Association (2014). Stainless steel and the Environment. [online] Available from: http://sassda.co.za/about-stainless/stainless-steel-and-the-environment/
STAINLESS STEEL VS PLASTIC
|·Lightweight portability, durable and long-lasting.||·It is not a durable raw material which can be reused over an extended period of time.|
|·Heat resistant.||·Not heat resistant.|
|·Does not contain toxins such as BPA and phthalates.||·Contains unhealthy toxins and prone to bacterial growth.|
|·Promotes environmental sustainability.||·Detrimental to the environment and seen as a contributing factor to climate change.|